Churches, ministries, or places of religious worship are considered by most as being 'special', but they are unfortunately not immune to the problems of our world.
They are exposed to more opportunity for accidents and property damage than most – also due to the congregation, including the hundreds of members and guests visiting the religious facility on an on-going basis each week.
In today’s legal system, religious nonprofits – such as churches – are treated just like businesses. It is therefore of great importance to protect this investment through proper Church Insurance for the church (or ministry), its investments, liabilities, vehicles, money and equipment, the Minister (or Pastor / Priest), as well as its content for perils, such as fire.
In most cases, the congregation, clergy and members of the church have for many years, saved and contributed towards the buildings and out-buildings of the church. Should disaster strike, a Church Insurance policy can then eliminate (or reduce), the financial consequences the community faces in times of need. At least, a church/ministry (or place of religious worship) is more than just a building – it’s a community.
DIB Solutions (Pty) Ltd have partnered with reputable underwriters and various insurance companies in order to assist our clients with appropriate Insurance cover – we can therefore also assist clients with tailor-made products (where applicable) at competitive premiums. We provide a professional and personal service, as well as build long-term relationships with our clients. Discuss your individual needs with one of our experts and thus ensure that your place of worship is properly taken care of on behalf of your community.
- Buildings: Combined cover considerations should include the following perils: Fire, storm, water, legal liability and theft of fixture or fittings;
- Content: Cover for the content should include all natural disasters: Explosion, malicious damage and impact;
- Liability Cover & Legal Claims: Having comprehensive liability cover for your church or ministry, is essential. It would grant cover in the event of a church employee causing damage to property, or injury, or death of a third-party during cause of work – all that could occur on church (or ministry) property or at church camps, outreaches, retreats, and/or related sponsored event, where there is a tremendous potential for injury, resulting in legal claims;
- Property: Cover may also include items such as the following: Stained glass windows, equipment failure (including electronics), signage, fences, security alarm, etc;
- Vehicles: Make sure all your church vehicles, eg. trailers, Light Delivery Vehicles (LDVs), or busses etc, are comprehensively insured.
- Territorial Limits: If you are doing community or missionary related work outside the RSA borders, then make sure your territorial limits allows for your scheduled travel.